The CLEVELAND COUNTY FAMILY YMCA is committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We know also know how hard it can be to achieve and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Whether you are taking your first step to a new you or looking for motivation and encouragement along the way, the Y is here to help. We have several programs that offer support, community and incentives to get you to your goal. Check back here often and let us encourage you!
May 1 - May 31
• The Idle Ironman challenge covers the distance of an Ironman triathlon over 31 days
(2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run).
• Earn a t-shirt upon completion and an entry into a drawing for 1 of 3 prizes.
• Weekly participant progress updates will be tallied on Mondays at 9:00 AM in the facility.
• Participants are responsible for logging their own distances on the tracking board in the fitness center. Remember that honesty is a YMCA core value!
• Any indoor or outdoor activities count toward totals.
Register at the Member Information Center.
April 10 - April 30
Cost: Y Members - $15
May 1 - May 8
Cost: Y Members - $20
Swim To Summer
January 1- May 31
Goal: 50 Miles = 82,500 yards or 1,650 laps
Spend your winter in the pool! Keep track of your miles, get fit and swim your way to summer. A log book will be located behind the main guard stand in the Aquatics Center for your convenience. Finishers will come out stronger, healthier and will receive a Swim To Summer Finisher T-Shirt.
Track Your Distance
- 1 lap = Down and back the length of the pool (50 yards)
- 1 mile = Approximately 33 laps (1,650 yards)
- Each Water Fitness class attended = ½ mile earned