Everyone is Welcome
The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership. The Y welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access to the Y based on their income. Through our Scholarship Program, the Cleveland County Family YMCA provides assistance to youth, adults and families based on their individual needs and circumstances.
The Essence of the Y
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Cleveland County Family YMCA believes that every individual should have access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Apply for Financial Support
The Y’s mission work is to provide financial assistance to those who need support in order to be able to participate in membership and programs at the Y. Last year, our Y raised more than $103,000 in our annual support campaign, but we gave away more than $355,000 in financial assistance to deserving members of the community. Every dollar helps! Your donations impact the lives of others! If you would like to help make a difference in someone’s life, please make a tax-deductible donation to the Y by completing the form below. Your generosity will help a child play sports, learn to swim, or have the best summer of their life at day camp.
Committed to Our community
Determining assistance amounts is handled by the Y in a fair and consistent manner. Every Y member receives the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they receive a scholarship. Y members can feel confident knowing that they are a part of an organization that cares greatly for the well-being of all people, and is committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y requests that individuals and households reapply annually, with updated documentation for all adults.
- Membership fees are subject to change when you reapply.
- If you do not reapply at the time requested, your membership will expire.
- Applications will be reviewed and your monthly fee amount will be determined within seven business days. Please submit your completed application along with proof of income, including two most recent pay stubs, current tax return and public assistance verification.
- If requesting assistance for dependents, supporting documentation must be attached.
- If you do not have a current tax return please call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for a free copy of your 1040 stating gross income and verification of dependents.
Please contact us at 405-364-9622 if you have any questions.